Undergraduate students in the College of Health Solutions may request funds to defray expenses for the purpose of disseminating their research findings at professional conferences and workshops. Students who request this funding are also expected to apply for other funding from available university resources, relevant professional organizations, and from their faculty mentor.
- Applicant must be a current student in good standing and enrolled in a CHS undergraduate program.
- The student applicant must be listed as a presenting author on either a conference poster or presentation (co-author with faculty is acceptable). Proof of conference acceptance will need to be provided.
- The student must apply for Undergraduate Student Government funding and contact any faculty co-authors for additional contributions prior to requesting CHS funding. Barrett Honors College also has funding resources available for student research.
- Applicants must adhere to the submission deadlines below prior to attending the desired conference. Funds will not be approved after the event date.
There will be a limited amount of funding available for each cycle, so it is recommended that students apply as soon as possible.
- September 15 for fall conferences
- January 15 for spring conferences
Maximum Award Amounts
- Undergraduate students: $500
- Submit the CHS Student Conference Form
Students are required to provide the ASUrite email address for their faculty mentor or degree coordinator when submitting the form.
CHS Undergraduate student conference form
- Form routed for approvals
After you submit the form, it will be automatically routed for the following approvals:
- Program level approval: Your faculty mentor, degree director, or faculty co-author.
- Funding approval: Assistant dean of undergraduate education
- Final College-level approval: Associate dean of academic success
- Receive approval notification
The student will be notified when the funding is approved.